Increasing the ease of use with LAYOUT|SWITCH
Act! CRM can seem overwhelming, especially for the layman or novice user. To avoid typing errors and improve usability we have developed LAYOUT|SWITCH. This addon allows you to modify the layouts of Act! based on conditions. This means that a contact, company or group gets its own layout based on a property. For example, interests, customers and resellers can be displayed differently. Not only does this allow you to instantly identify what type of contact it is, but it also allows for more precise data maintenance. To convert prospects into customers, you need different information than for existing customers.
The layout changes can also be adjusted at the user’s level. Administrators should see more fields than the standard user. The sales department needs different information than the support or marketing department. Act! can be customized in a very flexible and dynamic way, making it easier to use.
Starting with the standard version, the language of the input fields can be changed. For multilingual companies it is useful to be able to display the drop-down fields in the respective language. The input is nevertheless stored in the base language, so that analyses and search functions are possible. It is also possible to switch from display mode to edit mode. This prevents incorrect information or unauthorized changes from altering the data.
The Advanced Edition extends the functionality with an activity dialog box of definable fields of linked contacts and companies, the possibility of a company hierarchy and an automatic number assignment, so that companies, groups and contacts can be uniquely numbered.
More information about the different editions can be found in the “Edition comparison” tab.
All functions at a glance
- Automatic display of the correct input masks for contacts, companies or groups
- Standard Act! users cannot change layouts/ input masks manually
- Advanced options for displaying input masks
- Translation for selection lists in definable languages
- Control to switch from display to edit mode for the current record (contact, company, group and/or opportunity)
- Optical visualization by colored display of tabs
- Activities dialog with display of definable fields of linked contacts and/or companies
- Company hierarchy
- Automatic number assignment