IMPORT|IT supports your data import in Act!
IMPORT|IT supports you in importing data into Act!
Although the import of external data into Act! is partially possible with the Act! standard functions, this has often proved to be unsatisfactory in terms of functionality, as many imports have to be processed manually and links have to be made manually. With the IMPORT|IT addon, a module of the DATA|SUITE, we provide you with a tool that allows you to import data from very different sources and in various formats. This makes it child’s play to add or merge required data even from tables, create new schemas and freely define activities and search criteria.
- Import of data such as histories, notes and activities
- Assignment to contacts, groups, companies and sales opportunities with freely definable criteria for finding the corresponding master data record
- Creation of activities for imported contacts and companies
- Freely definable criteria for the data to be imported
- Supported formats: txt, csv, xls, mdb, Act!, ODBC, Paradox, MYSQL and SQL
Avoid duplicates, match, update and link data
Do you work in areas where data sets you work with in Act! need to be changed or completed frequently? Then you will particularly appreciate the benefits of the IMPORT|IT software. This is not limited to the mere import of your data – depending on the edition you choose, you can simplify your routine work with additional intelligent features:
- Duplicate identification through selectable attributes
- Company creation and linking during contact import
- Inheritance of company data to contacts
- Categorization of imported contacts by dynamic or static group assignment
Duplicates, for example, are identified by selectable attributes, already imported records are matched with new versions. Contacts can be assigned to groups dynamically or statically. You can also create and link companies during the import process. IMPORT|IT for Act! supports all common file formats such as CSV, TXT or XLS.
Clear and easy to use: Schemas for your data management
To work with IMPORT|IT you use schemas, which are clearly displayed after opening the respective menu item. You have the possibility to create new schemas, to edit, copy or delete already imported schemas, to start actions and, if required, to define an order of the files to be imported. In addition, other features are available where you can specify the type of data imports, make individual settings or determine the rules for duplicate checking. Thanks to the scheduled execution with SERVICE|IT, you can easily import your data through an interface.
An end to Schema F: five editions for every need
Which functions and features IMPORT|IT offers you in detail depends on the edition you choose. Since it has proven expedient to offer different variants for occasional use and for professional use, we provide you with five editions at once.
- BASIC – the entry-level variant
- STANDARD – additional data formats and useful features
- ADVANCED – offers you additional import formats
- PROFESSIONAL – extended with import options from various database systems
- PROFESSIONAL USB – the absolute professional edition, contact us directly for more information
In the Basic-Edition you use all essential basic functions of IMPORT|IT, for example the import of primary and secondary contacts, the possibility of linking and categorization and the import of tables (in combination with TABLE|IT).
Already in the Standard edition you can additionally import histories, notes and groups with the records.
In the Advanced-Edition this is extended by the import of sales opportunities and activities, as well as documents. Default values and virtual columns can also be configured independently here. In addition to the ASCII (CSV) files available as sources in the Basic and Standard Editions, the Advanced Edition also supports ACT! as well as MS Excel, MS Access and XML source files.
The Professional-Edition of IMPORT|IT, which can read and import additional sources, is also available as a software solution for mobile use with a USB stick. Please note, however, that this is a single license, so you cannot use IMPORT|IT on several computers at the same time.
Save time and work effectively
By cooperation of IMPORT|IT and SERVICE|IT you can save time and work more effectively. Create your individual schemes for data import and let SERVICE|IT execute them automatically. This way you will save time and work more effectively. IMPORT|IT takes a lot of work from the company and makes the users work more efficiently in the CRM